Monday, February 20, 2012

still stitchin'

* The February stitch-along is going well; I might even be done in time, thanks to leap year :) The theme (well, one of them) was love so I'm doing a couple of bluebirds.

from Vogart Transfer Patterns No. 265
There's a gajillion french knots and daisies so I'm sure getting practice!
March has a choice of 3 themes - spring, frozen food, or pi(e). I think I'll go with frozen food 'cause I have a cute orange running from a sign that says "freezing plant." Another dish towel!

* Work is going well. I go in for 3 hours at a time in the mornings to sort and box up medical files. Hoo boy do those thick folders give a nasty paper cut! Heh, bleeding all over medical files is probably not a good idea ;)

* The new volunteering didn't happen. They never got back to me to tell me where to go and what time to be there! Maybe I'll try again next week.

* On Sunday I went to a tea festival with my lovely and amazing sister-in-law. It was great! So much tea to taste! Iced tea, black tea, matcha tea (I liked it, my sister did not), fruity tea, magnolia tea, even beer with chamomile infusion! And free tiny cupcakes! We discovered that the hoity-toity hotel on the harbour now has thousands of bees, so the hotel makes its own honey - cool! I hope we can go again next year.

* Let's see, weather has been fairly mild. Several nights it's been colder back in Florida than it was here!

* We've been getting Rome out of the library (yea, we're always behind when it comes to tv shows). I'm enjoying it, it's like a soap opera and action movie rolled into one. We're still waiting for season 4 of True Blood. We've been watching The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. during dinner, and guess who's his childhood sweetheart? Nan Flanagan!!

* I guess that's about it for now. See you in line for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter! (with Wash as Stephen A. Douglas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment